Friday, July 4, 2008

God Bless America

Wishing everyone a very happy 4th of July! We woke up to a Fall-like morning and a little rain shower (which was a little hard to enjoy since we are in the middle of grain harvest on the farm).

Just wanted to share our flags flying proudly in the South Texas breeze. At the base of the flags is my little patriotic bed. It contains red and (barely blooming) white pentas, 'Lady in Red' salvia, and mealycup sage 'Victoria Blue". Last week I added a red porterweed and transplanted a blue one from another bed. It would be perfect if only the white pentas had more flowers - maybe next Fourth . . . . Those of you with good eyes may have noticed the volunteer cosmos plant. She's in a bare spot so I'm letting her stay until she blooms.


2 comments:

Meems said...

Happy 4th to you too. Texas knows how to love its country! I like your red, white and blue bed... but I especially like your flags flying high and proudly! Gotta run... the BBQ is waiting for me.
Meems @Hoe&Shovel

Anonymous said...

Nice red, white, and blue garden. I like your flags, too.

Jan
Always Growing